Welcome to Ridgway – Think Outside" Photo Contest 2018
You're invited to enter photos into the 2018 “Welcome to Ridgway – Think Outside” Photo Contest to help promote Ridgway as a destination during National Travel and Tourism Week. The Ridgway Area Chamber of Commerce will select one photo to send to the Colorado Tourism Office to display on several online channels leading up to the U.S. Travel Association's annual show, in Denver on May 19-23, 2018. The chamber will award the winner with $200 and send the photo to our media contacts in a news release about the winning photographer and business. Plus, selected non-winning entries will get posted on the chamber’s Facebook page and new Instagram and Twitter feeds.
- Standing atop a 14er with a cardboard sign: "Welcome to the San Juan Mountains, at 14,xxx feet from XYZ Company"
- Horseback guides galloping up to camera and unveiling a sign that reads "Howdy, Welcome to XX Ranch"
- Museum staff waving from a historic train car or in a museum room
- Holding up a pancake with a smiley face on it in front of a historic building or on a patio in front of great scenery
- Writing "hello" with stones on a lake shore
- Writing a welcome message on a steamy window at a pool
- Campers welcoming people into their tent or yurt
- People shouting from a rising hot air balloon, "Welcome to Ridgway"
- Yelling a hello that echoes through a cave or across a canyon
Please send your questions, photo or video, along with a brief caption, no later than Wednesday, April 25 (midnight), to Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete contest guidelines are listed below. We truly appreciate your help in creating messages that bring visitors to our great community."Welcome to Ridgway – Think Outside" Photo Contest Guidelines
- Send up to five photos or short videos to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 25, midnight.
- Please include the words “Photo Contest Entry”, your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address in your email message.
- High resolution/large/original photos (500kb to 3MB) in jpg format are preferred, though lower resolution photos will be accepted.
- Videos should be 30 seconds or less. If they are larger than 18MB, please email to get the web address where videos can be uploaded.
- Please name each photo/video file with the photographer’s name, location and number if more than one is entered, so we are sure to give credit to the correct person.
- There is no entry fee for this contest.
- All submitted photos may be used in future promotion of Ridgway as a travel destination, in chamber publications, website and social media. By entering the contest, the photographer/business gives the chamber permission to use the photograph for these purposes.
- Only one $200 cash prize will be awarded, delivered by May 30, 2018.·
- You agree that the Ridgway Area Chamber of Commerce does not need to pay you for your images, whether you win a prize or not.
- If you enter photographs of people, you are responsible for getting their written approval to be in the photo.
- You promise that you are at least 18 years of age, or submit written permission from your legal guardian for your entry.